During my recent travels I purposely stayed in Airbnb’s specifically for the use of the kitchen. It was important to me to be able to grocery shop and cook my own meals, but I found myself constantly cooking the same thing. I’m the type of person where when I decide I like something, I want it pretty much every day. That’s how I feel about my 5-ingredient eggplant pasta. I went to the grocery store one day with the plans to finally try eggplant and see if I could incorporate it into a simple meal. Mission accomplished.
DaVinci® Bowtie Pasta
Tomatoes (grape, cherry, or roma work perfectly)
Mushrooms (whole or sliced)
Teriyaki Sauce OR Sweet Chili (depends on if you’re in the mood for sweet or salty)
- Begin by cooking pasta to liking. I love my pasta al dente so that’s the texture I go for.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare vegetables by slicing and/or dicing. I half or quarter my tomatoes, cube a thick slice of eggplant, and if I opt for whole mushrooms, I slice them.
- Heat an oiled pan or skillet on medium
- Sauté vegetables. You can toss all into the pan and sauté for about 10 minutes, or begin with eggplants and mushrooms for about 5 minutes and toss in the tomatoes for the remaining 5 minutes
- Turn down stove to a low setting as you pour in your teriyaki sauce. I let this simmer for about 3-4 minutes before turning off the flame.
- Drain pasta and plate it
- Pour your desired amount of veggies onto the pasta and toss together
This has become my favorite go to, quick meal that’s not only easy, but filling. What’s best is that these ingredients are available all over the world and I can cook it pretty much anywhere. Each sauce gives a distinct flavor. I was surprised that teriyaki and/or sweet chili sauce is almost always available in grocery stores even in Central Europe and I created the entire dish around the sauce. You can switch out veggies or add plenty more but either way, it’ll be delicious. Bon appetite!
P.S. DaVinci® is running a sweepstakes where those who enter have the chance to win awesome prizes like a lifetime supply of DaVinci Pasta, or a grocery gift card, and many more! Here is the link to enter!