This weeks wash n’ go has been brought to you by Miss Jessie’s Curly Meringue curling creme and Multicultural Clear gel. I must say that both products worked great together to give me moisture, definition, and long lasting curls!
Here’s how I go about my wash n’ go’s:
- I separate my hair into four sections and clip them.
- Wash hair with shampoo – I only wash and style my hair once a week and to get rid of product buildup (and because my hair loves it) I wash with shampoo. You know your hair, do whatever you feel is best.
- Condition – still in four sections I go through and condition and detangle each section whether it be by finger detangling or using my detangling brush (review on that coming soon). I’m literally able to separate each section in two and finger detangle or brush through.
- Rinse out conditioner, section by section, by letting the shower water hit each section briefly and NOT disturbing my already defined and popping curls. I say briefly because you don’t want to strip your hair of all the conditioner and moisture you just added.
- I pat away some of the water using a t-shirt (NOT towel) to prevent as much frizz as possible.
- Separate a section in half and apply Miss Jessie’s Curly Meringue curling Creme and finger detangle/work the product in however you like. I usually use the “praying hands” method to work the product from roots to ends and smooth it down, but I have been known to start from the ends and work my way up as well. Use as much or as little of the product as you need because you know what your hair needs.
- Do the same with a little of the Multicultural Clear gel. I found that for each half section, a quarter sized amount worked for me but I added as needed.
- My curls and coils are usually clumped together by now but I love to give my hair a good shake (a dozen good shakes) to make sure they’re separated and/or clumped together.
- Instead of a diffuser (I have one) I use the concentrator nozzle to blow through my hair on medium heat just to get that wild “bed head” look I prefer for my hair shape, in addition to drying up any excess water or product. I only do this after the products have been on my hair for at least 20 minutes and have had time to set in.
Don’t forget you can get 15% off of your missjessies.com purchase by using the promo code: OCTOLY07. If you want to receive free products to review then head to Octoly to sign up.
*I received this product complimentary from Miss Jessie’s. All opinions are 100% my own.